Excess Baggage Award
Cover excess baggage charges by redeeming your SKYPASS miles.
Excess Baggage mileage deduction per 1 Bag is as follows,
|Japan / China / Northeast Asia||
|Southeast / Southwest Asia||
|Europe / Middle East / Africa / Oceania||
|Guam / Palau||
|Domestic (By weight)||
Service User Guide
- Excess Baggage Award is available on a Korean Air flight only.
(The flight must be operated by Korean Air and the ticket must have been issued with a Korean Air flight number.)
- Maximum 2 pieces of excess baggage per person can be checked by redeeming miles.
- Transferring award is applicable. Family Plan is not applicable.
- When transferring award to the family members, Award redemption form needs to be filled out and signed at the airport on the day of departure and a photo identification will be needed.
Application Form Open a new window
- To cancel Excess Baggage Award, a cancellation request must be made at the airport to get mileage credited back to your account.
- The redemption chart above is based on Excess Baggage rules on general baggage. For sports equipment or pets, the redemption miles are subject to special baggage charges.