Rail & Fly
Rail & Fly
Rail & Fly, a special service in partnership with Korean Air and Deutsche Bahn, offers you economical, relaxing and scenic rail travel to numerous cities in Germany.
From the mainline railway station in Frankfurt, ride the train to major cities such as Düsseldorf, Leipzig, Köln, Bonn, Berlin and many others. Plus, you will get to your destination fast – 1 hour or less to Köln and Heidelberg or 2 hours or less to Bonn, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg or Stuttgart.
Who Can Use Rail & Fly?
- Korean Air passengers traveling from Seoul to Frankfurt and continuing from Frankfurt to other major German cities (and back to Frankfurt).
- Passengers with paid airline tickets who start their journey from Korea, Germany, or Japan. It is not available to customers traveling with mileage award tickets.
Where you can go with Rail & Fly?
You can travel to major cities of Germany connected with Frankfurt Airport station by Deutsche Bahn such as Düsseldorf, Stuttgart, Köln, Bonn, München, Berlin and many others. (Special trains such as Thalys, DB Autozug, night trains may be restricted.)
Why Choose Rail & Fly?
- Experience the comfortable and convenient Deutsche Bahn.
- Enjoy beautiful scenery while traveling on the train.
- Save your transfer time.
- Less expensive than purchasing train tickets separately.
Tips for Using Rail & Fly
- Upon purchasing your Seoul-Frankfurt ticket (through customer service centres, branch offices or travel agencies), we recommend you to book Rail & Fly service simultaneously.
Booking Rail & Fly Service on Korean Air website is unavailable, so please contact our service center.
- Please check in and print out your train ticket at (www.accesrail.com/checkin Open New Window ) from 72 hours prior to departure of your train.
- Unless your airline itinerary specifies the railway sector as one of Frankfurt-München, Frankfurt-Stuttgart, Frankfurt-Nürnberg or Frankfurt-Hannover, you can also print out your train ticket using the vending machine located at railway station with the Pickup number on your airline itinerary. (For more information on using the train ticket vending machine, please refer to the separate page below.)
- Train Tickets are valid for the day of and the day after your arrival in Germany, and the day before and the day of your departure in Germany.
- Service is not available to children unaccompanied by an adult.
- Advance seat reservations for your train journey are recommended. Otherwise seats may not be available on your specific train. Seats can be reserved in advance by visiting the Deutsche Bahn website (www.bahn.com Open New Window ), at DB Travel Center or at the ticket vending machines. Seat reservations include an additional fee. When reserving a seat, please take into consideration flight delays
- Upon boarding the train, you must have a train ticket, an airline e-Ticket and passport or ID. (Airline ticket is not a train ticket.)
- Please contact the initial booking service point in case of rebooking or reissuing an airline ticket which includes Rail & Fly service.
Issuing Train Tickets
Issuing ticket is available through "Web Check-in process at www.accesrail.com/checkin Open in new window ".
Unless your airline itinerary specifies the railway sector as one of Frankfurt-München, Frankfurt-Stuttgart, Frankfurt-Nürnberg or Frankfurt-Hannover, you can also issue your train ticket using the vending machine located at railway station with the Pickup number on your airline itinerary.
How to use Rail & Fly Web Check-in
- Tickets can be issued by Rail & Fly Web Check-in from 72 hours before your train departs.
- If you’re using Rail & Fly for a roundtrip journey, please proceed Web Check-in for each bound of your journey.
- Please board the train with your printed train ticket, passport and Korean Air e-ticket. Otherwise you may be denied boarding by Deutsche Bahn.
- If you lose your printed train ticket, please re-issue it through Rail & Fly Web Check-in webpage(www.accesrail.com/checkin Open in new window ).
How to use Ticket Vending Machine at Railway Station
- Select your language-Select the British flag at the screen
- Select (All offers)
- Select (Pre-booked Tickets)
- Select (Collection of pre-booked tickets Rail & Fly)
- Enter the Pickup Number which is given on issuing airline e-Tickets
- Select (Confirm) and take the train ticket
- If you already issued your train ticket by Rail & Fly Web Check-in, re-issuing ticket by vending machine is unavailable.
- Train ticket pickup numbers are provided for each way. (If you have booked Rail & Fly for a roundtrip journey, you will receive 2 pickup numbers – 1 for the outbound and 1 for the return journey.)
- If you change your flight schedule, your original pickup number may change. Check with the airline or the agent that booked the tickets.
- If you lose your pickup number, please contact Korean Air staff or our customer service center.
Transferring from your flight to your train
- Flight arrival (Terminal 2).
- Immigration and Baggage Claim.
- Customs Inspection.
- Proceed to Terminal 1.
(Terminal 2 and Terminal 1 are connected by Skyliner Monorail or Shuttle Bus.)
- Proceed to Airail Terminal.
How to move between Airport terminals
- The Skyliner monorail is located on the fourth floor of Terminal 2. Exit at the Terminal 1 B/C zone.
- The shuttle bus stop is located on the second floor of Terminal 2 Gate D/E. Get off when the bus arrives at Terminal 1 (Level 1).
- The Regional Bahnhof is located in the basement of Terminal 1. To reach the Regional Bahnhof station (local train station), proceed to the basement (Level 0) of Terminal 1 and follow the “Regional Bahnhof” signs.
- To reach the Fernbahnhof station (long-distance train station), proceed to the second floor (Level 2) of Terminal 1 and move to the Airail Terminal (follow the “Airail Terminal” signs) through the pedestrian overpass.