Rail & Fly
Rail & Fly
Rail & Fly, a special service in partnership with Korean Air and Deutsche Bahn, offers you economical, relaxing and scenic rail travel to numerous cities in Germany.
From the mainline railway station in Frankfurt, ride the train to major cities such as Düsseldorf, Leipzig, Köln, Bonn, Berlin and many others. Plus, you will get to your destination fast – 1 hour or less to Köln and Heidelberg or 2 hours or less to Bonn, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg or Stuttgart.
Who Can Use Rail & Fly?
- Passenger with the itinerary which its initial departing point is from the following countries; Korea/Germany/Japan/Australia/New Zealand then transferred to Korean Air departing from Seoul to Frankfurt and proceed journey to major cities within Germany.
- Passenger with the itinerary which its initial departing point is from the following countries; Korea/Germany/Japan/Australia/New Zealand and travel from major cities within Germany to Frankfurt then transfer to Korean Air heading Seoul.
- It is not available to customers traveling with mileage award tickets.
Where you can go with Rail & Fly?
You can travel to major cities of Germany connected with Frankfurt Airport station by Deutsche Bahn such as Düsseldorf, Stuttgart, Köln, Bonn, München, Berlin and many others. (Special trains such as Thalys, DB Autozug, night trains may be restricted.)
Why Choose Rail & Fly?
- Experience the comfortable and convenient Deutsche Bahn.
- Enjoy beautiful scenery while traveling on the train.
- Save your transfer time.
- Less expensive than purchasing train tickets separately.
Tips for Using Rail & Fly
- If your train travel includes Frankfurt to or from München, Frankfurt to or from Stuttgart, Frankfurt to or from Nürnberg, Frankfurt to or from Hannover, Frankfurt to or from Cologne, Frankfurt to or from Hamburg, Frankfurt to or from Leipzig, Frankfurt to or from Dresden, Frankfurt to or from Düsseldorf, Frankfurt to or from Berlin, you can directly purchase a flight ticket including the train routes on Korean Air website.
Except for those 4 railway sectors above, you can book Rail & Fly service through Korean Air’s service centers, branch offices, or travel agencies where you purchased a ticket. (We recommend you to book the service simultaneously upon purchasing your flight ticket, as it may be subject to additional charge.)
- Please check in and print out your train ticket at (www.accesrail.com/checkin Open New Window ) from 72 hours prior to departure of your train.
- Train Tickets are valid for the day of and the day after your arrival in Germany, and the day before and the day of your departure in Germany.
- Service is not available to children unaccompanied by an adult.
- Advance seat reservations for your train journey are recommended. Otherwise seats may not be available on your specific train. Seats can be reserved in advance by visiting the Deutsche Bahn website (www.bahn.com Open New Window ), at DB Travel Center or at the ticket vending machines. Seat reservations include an additional fee. When reserving a seat, please take into consideration flight delays
- Upon boarding the train, you must have a train ticket, an airline e-Ticket and passport or ID. (Airline ticket is not a train ticket.)
- Please contact the initial booking service point in case of rebooking or reissuing an airline ticket which includes Rail & Fly service.
Issuing Train Tickets
Issuing ticket is available through "Web Check-in process at www.accesrail.com/checkin Open in new window ".
How to use Rail & Fly Web Check-in
- Tickets can be issued by Rail & Fly Web Check-in from 72 hours before your train departs.
- If you’re using Rail & Fly for a roundtrip journey, please proceed Web Check-in for each bound of your journey.
- Please board the train with your printed train ticket/mobile train ticket, passport and Korean Air e-ticket. Otherwise you may be denied boarding by Deutsche Bahn.
- If you lose your printed train ticket, please re-issue it through Rail & Fly Web Check-in webpage(www.accesrail.com/checkin Open in new window ).