What To Do If Bags Do Not Arrive
Loss or Delayed or Damaged
If your baggage has not arrived
- Present your baggage tag at the information desk of the airline that operated your flight.
- Submit a baggage report form with information filled out, including details about the contents in the bag, the brand of the bag, the characteristics of the bag, your contact info, etc.
- For information about lost baggage, you can call or check online.
- Korean Air uses World Tracer, a baggage management system used by over 300 airlines around the world, to find your baggage.
Lost and Delayed
You need to report to the operating airline within 21 days from your arrival date for delayed baggage and within 7 days from the date you receive your baggage for lost items.
If your baggage is delayed and you do not have a person to contact at your destination, Korean Air will provide USD 50 to you one time so that you can purchase your daily necessities.
You need to report to the operating airline within 7 days from the date you receive your baggage for damaged bag.
Tips on preventing baggage loss
- Write your name and contact info in English on your baggage.
- Reconfirm the information on your baggage tag (destination, quantity, weight, and name).
- Reconfirm the baggage tag on the bag to verify that it is your bag.