Not Allowed to Bring/Restricted
Totally restricted from the aircraft
The following items can neither be carried on nor checked:
- Combustible or flammable substances such as lighter fluid and paint.
- Pressurized gas containers such as oxygen tanks and butane gas cans.
- Explosive materials such as fireworks.
- Small vehicles equipped with lithium batteries.
(Small Vehicles like air wheels, solo wheels, hoverboards, mini Segways, balance wheels, etc. are not allowed to carry-on or check-in due to the potential danger of its lithium batteries.)
- Any other items that could pose a threat to passengers or the aircraft.
Check-in restricted Items
Please carry on the items listed below with you all the times.
- Fragile or perishable items
- Electronics (Laptop, Camera, Mobile phone), business documents and medicine
- Valuables such as cash, jewelry and valuable samples
- Items valued over USD 2,500
Baggage related items are subject to Korean Air’s conditions of carriage.
Carry-on items with some restrictions
You are allowed to carry on the following items in small or limited quantities.
- Personal cosmetic products.
- There are no restrictions regarding the quantity or container size of liquid items purchased in duty-free shops, provided that packaging for each item remains sealed.
- Personal medical items needed during the flight. (Current prescription may be needed.)
- One lighter or matchbox .(Regulations may vary according to departing countries. Not allowed on the flight departing from China.)
- Airline-approved medical items and equipment.
- Dry ice. (Less than 2.5 kg.)
- Lithium batteries within 160Wh used for consumer electronic or medical devices are allowed onboard.
- Spare batteries are allowed as carry-on only and must be protected to prevent short circuits. No more than 5 spares are allowed (2 ea. of 100 ~ 160Wh could be included within 5). Portable chargers are restricted as spare batteries(strictly in China) and uncertain electric capacity will not be accepted.