Not Allowed to Bring/Restricted
Totally restricted from the aircraft
The following items can neither be carried on nor checked:
- Combustible or flammable substances such as lighter fluid and paint.
- Pressurized gas containers such as oxygen tanks and butane gas cans.
- Explosive materials such as fireworks.
- Any other items that could pose a threat to passengers or the aircraft.
Check-in restricted Items
Please carry on the items listed below with you all the times.
- Fragile or perishable items
- Electronics (Laptop, Camera, Mobile phone), business documents and medicine
- Valuables such as cash, jewelry and valuable samples
- Items valued over USD 2,500
Carry-on items with some restrictions
You are allowed to carry on the following items in small or limited quantities.
- Liquids, Aerosols, and Gels
- There are no restrictions regarding the quantity or container size of liquid items purchased in duty-free shops, provided that packaging for each item remains sealed.
- Powder weighing more than 12oz (350ml) must be checked in. (Regulations may vary according to departing countries. Applies to all flights to the US from Korea as of June 30, 2018)
- Personal medical items needed during the flight. (Current prescription may be needed.)
- One lighter or matchbox .(Regulations may vary according to departing countries. Not allowed on the flight departing from China.)
- Airline-approved medical items and equipment.
- Dry ice. (Less than 2.5kg.)
- Lithium batteries within 160Wh used for consumer electronic or medical devices are allowed onboard.
- Spare batteries are allowed as carry-on only and must be protected to prevent short circuits. No more than 5 spares are allowed (2 ea. of 100 ~ 160Wh could be included within 5). Portable chargers are restricted as spare batteries(strictly in China) and uncertain electric capacity will not be accepted.
- Small vehicles equipped with lithium batteries are not allowed to check-in or carry on.
- Hair curlers containing non-removable lithium batteries are not allowed to check-in or carry-on departing from Japan by local regulations.
- If you want to check smart luggage, lithium batteries must be removed and carried separately in the cabin. Any smart luggage with undetachable lithium battery is not allowed either as check-in or carry-on.