Travel tips for baggage ease
As you prepare to travel:
- Always try to pack as lightly as possible.
- Weigh and measure your baggage beforehand to make sure it does not exceed limits set by the airline.
- Pack items well to avoid possible damage.
- Place a clearly written name tag in English with your name, address and travel destination both inside and outside of each bag.
- Certain items are restricted from checked or carry-on baggage. Check for details here. Open in new window
- If you have special items such as sports equipment or a pet, notify the airline in advance to assure smooth handling on the day of travel.
As you prepare to check in:
- It is possible that there will be a difference between the weight you measured at home and the official weight measured at the airport due to quality and size of scales used.
- If the weight of a single bag exceeds 32 kg (70 lb), you will not be allowed to check it, regardless of any excess baggage fee payment. Be prepared to lighten the load or repack that bag.
- Double-check that you are not carrying any items on board that are restricted.
- After check-in, you will need to wait about 5 minutes at some airports including Incheon(ICN) while your baggage is scanned through X-ray before proceeding to your departure gate.
- For your own safety, never carry a stranger’s bag.
- To assure you can claim your baggage without any difficulty, keep your baggage tag with you.
As you prepare to claim your baggage:
- After you complete immigration and customs clearance procedures, check the flight arrival information board to locate your baggage claim area.
- Always double-check your baggage tag to make sure you are taking the right items.
- If you are carrying goods to declare, present the completed customs declaration form distributed during your flight — along with your passport — to officials at the customs clearance area.
As you prepare to travel on another airline.
- Quite often, different airlines have different rules and procedures regarding baggage. For more specific information, click on the carrier that applies to you.