General Conditions of Carriage
If the passenger's journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention may be applicable and these Conventions govern and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed "Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability" and "Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations".
Conditions of Contract
- As used in this contract "Ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of hich these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation". "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, "electronic ticket" means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document; "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as mended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable: "Montreal Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air signed at Montreal, 28 MAY 1999.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not "international carriage" as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to : (I) provisions contained in this ticket, (II) applicable tariffs, (III) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables ; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket ; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route ; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents,servant and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation, complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt ; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days fromdate the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations
Liability for loss, delay or damage to baggage is limited as follows unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For many international journeys, the Montreal Convention may apply with liability limits of 1,131 SDRs per passenger for both checked and unchecked baggage. In some cases, where the Warsaw Convention applies to your journey, the applicable liability limit is approximately US$9.07 per pound(US$20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$400 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal Rules require any limit on an airline’s baggage liability to be at least US$3,400 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Carriers assume no liability for fragile, perishable or valuable articles. However, this limitation on liability for valuable articles does not apply to flights to or
Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than he country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of KOREAN AIR LINES CO., LTD and certain other carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers traveling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10,000 or US$20,000. The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined upon request. Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance froma private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier's liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information, please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
(NOTE): The limit of liability of US$75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claimbrought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
Special Notices of Liability for Liability for Passengers on KOREAN AIR LINES CO., LTD
With respect to international carriage performed by Korean Air, the applicable limit of liability for passenger’s death, wounding or other bodily injury under the Warsaw Convention has been waived in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage of Korean Air. However, Korean Air reserves the right to assert a defense under Article 20 (1) of the Convention for claims in excess of SDR 113,100. In accordance with EU Council Regulation 889/2002, Korean Air will make advance payment in case of passenger’s death, wounding or other bodily injury occurred in the carriage to/from EU nations.
Overbooking of Flights
In order to minimize the effect of "no show" and to permit seats to be used by passengers who otherwise would not be able to travel on a chosen flight, carriers may overbook flights. Whilst carriers make every effort to provide seats for which confirmed reservations exist, seat availability is not absolutely guaranteed.
Denied Boarding By Overbooking
(This notice does not apply to tickets sold in the United States for transportation originating in the United States.) In those countries where Denied Boarding Compensation regulations are in force, carriers operate compensation plans for passengers with confirmed reservations who are denied boarding because of non-availability of seats caused by overbooking. Details of these plans are available at the airlines’ offices.
Notice of Government Imposed Taxes, Fees and Charges
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the "TAX/FEE/CHARGE" box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
Booking classes are assigned according to the fare paid when purchasing a ticket. The booking class on the ticket must be the same as the booking class in the PNR(Passenger Name Record). If the booking classes are different, the passenger holding such a ticket may be denied boarding or subject to pay additional charge(s).
Reservation Cancellations - No Show
If travel plans change, please contact our office and our agents will reschedule flights. A no-show without prior notice may result in the cancellation of the onward or return flight reservation.
Flight coupons, or in the case of an electronic ticket, an electronic coupon, only must be used in sequence from the place of departure as shown on the ticket. The ticket will not be honored and will lose its validity or be refunded if all the coupons are not used in the sequence provided in the ticket.