This policy explains why and how Korean Air processes your personal information.
- What does “Personal Information” mean?
Personal Information means any information that can be linked directly or indirectly to identified or identifiable individuals.
- Who is the data controller?
Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd, whose head office is located 260, Haneul-gil, Gangseo-gu, Seoul (Gonghang-dong), Korea, acts as the data controller of the processing activities relating to the Personal Information referred to in this Policy. This means that Korean Air determines the purposes and means of the processing referred to in this Policy.
- loyalty program (SKYPASS) members
- users of Korean Air’s website ‘koreanair.com’, mobile site ‘m.koreanair.com’ or mobile application
- users of Korean Air’s service center or branch offices
- Why is Personal Information important for us?
Your Personal Information and your trust in our ability to protect your Personal Information are both key to our business. Korean Air pledges to do its best to protect the privacy and Personal Information of Personal Information Subjects and to prevent any illegal disclosure of Personal Information.
You will find below relevant information, notably, on the Personal Information we process about you, the purposes and legal bases for the processing and your rights. Indeed, Personal Information Subjects are entitled to a number of rights – including a right to access, modify or erase their Personal Information or to restrict the processing of their Personal Information.
You can access directly the section(s) of this Policy that are of the most interest to you.
- Where to address inquiries regarding Personal Information?
When you address inquiries or requests to exercise rights, please send us your personal information for us to identify you. The information you send will only be used as a verification of identity and we may ask you to send us your personal information via email if we cannot identify who you are.
· Full name
· Details of your request
· If you are applying on behalf of another person, signed authority from the individual is required.
· SKYPASS (Korean Air’s frequent flyer program) number, if you are a member
In case, you cannot remember your SKYPASS number, following information would help us to identify your number:
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- On-board details (flight number, date, route, etc.)
We would also like to inform you that Korean Air will not be able to erase some personal data due to following reasons in accordance with the article 17 of the EU GDPR*.
· The processing of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
· The processing of your personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.