Data Retention Policy
- Personal Information collected shall be retained and used while the membership status is maintained. Korean Air will immediately delete the Personal Information collected when it attains the purpose for the collection and use, as follows:
- in the event there is a request for the withdrawal from membership or loses a membership eligibility;
- in the event the purpose of the collection terminates;
- in the event the business is closed and Korean Air is no longer available to provide any services.
- Preservation of record for the resolution of future disputes, handling of complaints and other requests, delivering of notification:
- data collected and processed in the context of pre-litigation to be deleted as soon as the dispute has been settled or, failing that, the prescription/limitation period of the corresponding legal action;
- data collected and processed in the context of litigation to be deleted when ordinary and extraordinary remedies are no longer possible against the decision rendered.
- In any event, even after the purpose for collection and use is attained, we are subject to various document retention requirements for specified period of time as set out by applicable law – including for evidentiary purposes or in anticipation of potential litigation until the prescription of the action at stake. You will find examples below.
|Applicable Personal Information||Reason for retention (Relevant laws)||Retention period|
|Records regarding contract or withdrawal of subscription, Records regarding payments and provisions of goods||Korean law on the consumer protection in the online business transactions||Five years|
|Records of consumers' complaints or results of disputes||Korean law on the consumer protection in the online business transactions||Three years|
|Records regarding the members' own confirmation||Korean law regarding the promotion of information and communication network use and protection of information||Six months|
|Records regarding the website visits||Korean communication secret protection law||Three months|
|Accounting documents (and supporting documents)||French Commercial Code||Ten years|
|Contracts||French Commercial Code||Five years|
|Electronic contracts of an amount equal to or greater than 120 euros||French Consumer Code||Ten years|