Redeem Awards with Family Members
Family Plan Information
SKYPASS members can endorse awards to registered family members by redeeming their miles.
Up to 5 family members, including the registered member of the account, may redeem awards through Family Plan. All accumulated mileage of the registered member will be used when pooling family mileage.
- Authorization from the family member is required for Family Plan.
- Authorization is valid until it is withdrawn, and you may authorize or withdraw mileage pooling via website at anytime.
This new family mileage combination method will take effect on July 24, 2019.
23 July, 2019
24 July, 2019
Applicable Family Members
Family members may include the spouse, children, parents, siblings, parents-in-law, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, grandparents and grandchildren.
How to Apply or Change Family Registration
Family registration must be completed prior to endorsing award to family members or to redeeming award through Family Plan.
You can submit the application with proof-of-family documents via website, fax or local office.
- Fax : 310-417-5696 (US and Canada), 02-2656-8989 (Korea), 06-6264-3438 (Japan)
In the event of changes in the registered family members, please contact Korean Air to update your family registration.
- Proof-of-Family Document and Notes
- Apply or Change Family Registration on Website Open in new window
- Family Plan Application Form Open in new window
How to Use Awards via Endorsement/Family Plan
Award ticket and/or upgrade award can be issued via website, service center or local offices.
When visiting a local office to apply for a bonus award, a member must submit a bonus award redemption form along with his/her picture ID.