Korean Air Upgrade Award
An upgrade award can be issued through our website or one of our local branch offices.
Conditions of Upgrade Award
Tickets purchased in the following booking classes may be available for award upgrade.
|Y, MReference 1||J, C, Y, B, M|
Upgrade Award Information
- Use mileage for award upgrade through homepage (My Trips) Open a new window
- Redeem Awards in Branch office
Service User Guide
- One-way award requires 50% of round-trip redemption mileage.
- Child award requires the same redemption mileage as an adult.
- Infant award requires 10% of adult redemption mileage.
- Ticket Award and Upgrade Award are not applicable to the segment between Americas and Guam via Korea.
- In case of a travel itinerary that includes both international and Korea domestic flights, mileage is deducted for both the international and domestic flights according to the mileage redemption chart.
- As different tax rules are applied in some countries for different boarding classes, there can be a difference in the tax rate when you upgrade your seat.
Peak season Details
- Peak season travel requires the redemption of more accrued miles than other seasons.
- If seasonality is different for each one-way direction, seasonality will be applied separately.
- For travel to and from Korea, seasonality is determined by each one-way flight segment based on date of boarding.
- For travel via Korea, the first boarding date of the journey per each sector will determine the season.
Validity of an Upgrade award
- An upgrade award is valid for as long as the ticket is valid.
Change and Refund
If a part of an upgrade award is not used, miles for the unused portion can be reinstated after the used miles and refund fees are deducted.
Charge for Refund
Charge for Refund Details
Within the Ticket Validity
Out of the Ticket Validity
- The refund fees for upgrade awards will be charged separately from purchased tickets.
Upgrade your ticket to Business Class with your miles on selected SkyTeam Airlines.
SkyTeam Upgrades are also available with the following SkyTeam Alliance carriers:
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Southern Airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
SkyTeam Upgrade Chart (Departure Region)
- SkyTeam Upgrade Asia 1 /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Asia 2 /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Asia 3 /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Oceania /
- SkyTeam Upgrade North America /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Central America/
- SkyTeam Upgrade South America /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Europe /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Africa /
- SkyTeam Upgrade Middle East
SkyTeam Upgrade Terms and conditions
Please check Terms and Conditions before using SkyTeam Upgrade.