SkyTeam Upgrade Terms and conditions
It is eligible to upgrade your cabin class by redeeming your mileage with partial SkyTeam carriers. Korea domestic segments must be issued separately.
Reservation and Ticketing
Coupons must be used in sequence of proper order, and ticketing is permitted when all segments hold confirmed seats. Reservation can be made in Korean Air ticketing office and Service Center, and award can be issued only at Korean Air ticketing office and not available at the airport.
- You could be required to have your reservation confirmed and tickets reissued 1~7 days prior to departure. For more details, please contact Korean Air service center.
- Airport standby registration for SkyTeam upgrade is not available on the date of departure.
Child and Infant
No infant and child mileage discounts are applicable: The same miles with adults will be redeemed in case of seat occupation.
Eligible Seat Upgrade Ticket
- SkyTeam upgrade is available only when you purchase an e-Ticket issued by a SkyTeam airline partner and fly on regular flights. No seat upgrade is provided for code share flights.
- It is only allowed to upgrade seat from economy class to business class for non-discounted normal fare tickets.
- It is applicable to an itinerary that includes one or more international flights and it is not permitted to upgrade for domestic flight only. The U.S., Canada, Mexico are regarded as the same countries.
Round Trip/ One-way trip
SkyTeam upgrade is available for either round trip or one-way flight. For a one-way flight, 50% of the miles of a round trip will be deducted.
Family Plan and Endorsement
Family Plan (supplementing miles from immediate family members) is not allowed. However, members may endorse an upgrade to a registered family member using his/her own miles.
The term of validity for SkyTeam Upgrade Bonus is same as that of your original ticket.
Change of Itinerary
Partial change in itinerary is eligible with re-issue charge as below (must re-issue the ticket at Korean Air ticketing office)
Fee (based on the request date of change)
- Until July 31, 2017 : Free
- After August 1, 2017 : KRW 30,000
If a part of an upgrade award is not used, mileage will be deducted as penalty and remaining mileage will be returned.
Before 91 days or longer prior to departure date
Within 90 days before departure
After ticket expiration date
Free of charge
Combining other SkyTeam’s Frequent Flyer Program
It is not allowed to combine your SKYPASS mileage with other SkyTeam's Frequent Flyer Program mileage.
Flight restriction period is subject to the regulations of each airline partner.
The peak season applies as the restriction period for Korean Air bonus tickets and no upgrade is available during this period.
Awards are not permitted on embargo periods of each partner's airlines, and Korean Air’s peak season is also considered as blackout period of Korean Air.