Ticket Changes & Refunds
Requesting a change.
Changes can be made through your travel agency or our Service Centers, depending on the place of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
Any change in departure date or time, carrier and itinerary is subject to the fare rules of your ticket — explained to you at the time of purchase (and located on your e-Ticket).
Fees and Additional Charges
While changes are allowed, a change fee may be applied according to the fare rules.
Then, apart from that fee, there may be additional charges to the amount you paid for the original ticket if fares and taxes need to be recalculated based on the date of change.
Requesting a Refund
Refunds can be made through your travel agency or our Service Centers, depending on the place of purchase.
In order for you to request a refund, your ticket must be valid. Validity can be either one year from the issuance date or one year from the departure date.
You can apply for a refund within 30 days from the expiration date of your ticket.
The name on the ticket is the only person who can receive the refund. Required documents for a refund are:
- e-Ticket Itinerary/Receipt
- Passenger's Photo identification
Additional Documents When a Representative Requests Refund
- Power of Attorney written by the passenger Power of Attorney - download form (Open in new window)
- Representative's Photo identification
Additional Documents When a Legal Guardian of a Minor Requests Refund
- Legal guardian’s Photo identification
- Family Proof Document
Receiving Your Refund
Refunds will be deposited into the bank account of the passenger.
For a ticket paid with a credit card: Your refund will be issued directly to your credit card account. (To check the status of your credit card refund, contact your credit card company 2 to 5 days after your request since refund periods can vary.)
Fees and Additional Charges for Domestic tickets
Refund Penalty shall be applied to every ticket that is given a refund according to its booking class. (per one-way)
|Hot Deal Fare
|KRW 3,000||KRW 5,000||KRW 7,000|
No-Show Penalty of KRW 8,000(per one-way) will be imposed for no-show passengers who either do not cancel their reservation prior to the scheduled time of departure, or passengers who do not board their flight after check-in has been completed.
Refund penalty and No-show penalty may apply separately based on Korean Air’s rules and regulations.
Fees and Additional Charges for International tickets
Refund Penalty may also apply depending on the fare types.
Refund Service Charge applies to a refund regardless of whether cancellation was made prior to departure date. However, the Service Charge will be exempted if penalty applies. The fees by currency are as below.
Penalty or Service Charge exemptions:
- Refund requests before 91 days or longer prior to departure date of an itinerary (Applicable ticket : An unused international ticket itinerary originating from Korea)
- An involuntary refund
- Refund requests within 24 hours of purchase for tickets issued 1 week or more prior to first departure date of an itinerary through Korean Air ticketing office (including Korean Air Service Center and website)
- Refund requests within the same day of purchase through Korean Air ticketing office (including Korean Air Service Center and website)
- Unused tax will be refunded to passengers and no handling fee will be imposed.
No-Show Penalty will be imposed on passengers who do not cancel their reservations and do not show up for their flights. Also, the penalty will be imposed on passengers who do not board their flights after completion of the check-in process. Furthermore, additional no-show penalty will be charged to passengers who cancel boarding after entering the departure area.
Reissue and refund charges may apply separately based on Korean Air’s rules and regulations.