By checking in using KoreanAir.com, you may save considerable time and have a more relaxing experience once you arrive at the airport.
Who can use web check-in?
- Passengers traveling on Korean Air flights with a valid e-Ticket
- Domestic Flights: 48 hours ~ 40 minutes before departure
- International Flights: 48 hours ~ 1 hour before departure
(USA/Canada Flights : 24 hours ~ 1 hour before departure)
Who is Not Eligible for Web Check-In
- Traveling on other airline flights.
- Traveling on codeshare flights operated by other airlines.
- Traveling on charter flights.
- Requires revalidation of e-ticket (e.g. discounted tickets, tickets purchased with a credit card that needs to be verified at the airport)
- Traveling to USA and holding a green card
- Requesting additional airports services on domestic flights (e.g., traveling with pets, unaccompanied minor, wheelchair-assistance, etc.)
- Departing from Tunxi, Mudanjiang, Urumqi, Guiyang, and Nanning due to local airport regulations.
Guidelines for web check-in
Provide accurate passport information
(Any inaccurate information may cause a delay in the airport immigration process)
Carry a home-printed boarding pass or mobile boarding pass.
(If you receive an exchange voucher, you will need to exchange it for a boarding pass at the airport.)
An exchange voucher will be issued when
- Traveling on Transit Exclusive Domestic Flights
- Traveling on international flights with infants (from Singapore airport only)
- Traveling on international flights with children under 12 (from Philippines, Canada, Vietnam only)
- Requesting additional airport services on international flights (e.g., traveling with pets, wheelchair-assistance, etc.)
- Passengers asked to be granted a visa for immigration of destination
- Using the airport which is required to issue exchange voucher according to policy of airport authorities
- Korea region : All airports
- Japan region : Narita, Haneda, Fukuoka, Osaka, Niigata, Okayama, Okinawa, Nagoya, Aomori, Komatsu, Kagoshima
- China region : Hong Kong, Taipei, Beijing (Reference 1), Qingdao(Reference 1), Wuhan(Reference 1), Guangzhou (Reference 1)
- European region : All airports, Moscow(Reference 1)
- Oceanian region : Sydney, Auckland, Brisbane
- Southeast Asia region : Bangkok, Cebu, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Denpasar Bali, Phuket (Reference 1), Manila (Reference 1)
- Middle East region : Dubai
- Americas region : Vancouver, Toronto
- The others except for the airports above issue exchange voucher
(Reference 1) marked airport only issues web boarding pass. (Mobile Boarding pass is unallowable.)
Steps at the Airport
- For passengers holding a boarding pass without any baggage to check in, additional check-in procedure is not required. Please go directly to your boarding gate without visiting Korean Air Web/Mobile Check-in counter. With your boarding pass, you can pass through the Auto-Entry Gate located in front of the departure by scanning your barcode on your boarding pass.
- Check baggage in, if necessary.
- For passengers holding an exchange voucher, please present identification card (passport needed for International flight) and travel documents at the Korean Air web/mobile check-in counter.
- Ensure you have allowed ample time for the security check and other procedures (complete all procedures 1 hour prior to departure for International flight, 20 minutes prior to departure for domestic flight).
Home-Printed Boarding Pass
- For First and Prestige Class passengers, simply present home-printed boarding pass to gain lounge access.
- Only a printed original version is valid; copied or damaged versions will not be accepted.