For Those With Peanut Allergies
For Passengers who have a peanut allergy, Korean Air would like to give the relevant lounge/in-flight information as follows:
Snacks and Meals
As food ingredients containing peanut element, peanut oil or other peanut products are commonly used worldwide, we cannot serve peanut-free meals. In addition, we do serve peanuts and contain other tree nuts such as macadamia nuts and almonds. This is why we are unable to give any guarantee that our products and flights are 100% free of any traces of peanuts.
Since we do serve peanuts and tree nuts contained products, we cannot guarantee a peanut-free environment. Further, particles from peanuts and tree nuts served during the previous flight can remain in the aisles, seats or the cabin air.
As we cannot guarantee an absolute peanut-free environment onboard or at our lounges, we strongly advise passengers with peanut allergy to follow the procedures described below before flying Korean Air:
- Please consult your physicians on your fitness to fly under this situation.
- Upon reservation, please inform our staff of your medical condition, before boarding, you’re required to sign the agreement on your travel given the situation described in this notice.
- Family members, guardians or other persons accompanying the passenger should be able to provide medical care should any allergic reactions occur, If they are not available, the affected passenger should self-administer the treatment prescribed by the physician.
- For security reasons, the passenger is requested to obtain a letter from physician that he/she has a medical need to carry the syringe into the cabin.
- We strongly encourage the passengers to bring their own food because we can not prepare peanut-free snacks and meals specially.
Korean Air will try to allocate a seat away from other passengers provided that the flight is not full and advance notice was given.