At Korean Air, we want to provide you with peace of mind when it comes to your children traveling alone on both domestic and international flights. Our staff will accompany them from their departure point through to their destination, making sure the journey is safe and comfortable every step of the way.
If you have any questions or want more specific details about our services, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Center. We understand how stressful this experience can be and want to do all we can to gain your complete trust in Korean Air.
- Unaccompanied minors (UM) between the ages of 5 and 12 are eligible for this complimentary service.
- You will need to purchase a standard child fare.
- Unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 11 are eligible for this service.
- If the accompanying one is under 18, the minor is subject to this service.
- If the accompanying one and the minor do not travel in the same cabin, the minor is subject to this service.
- For any international flight, you will need to purchase a standard adult fare.
- If your children are adolescents between the ages of 12 and 16, they are eligible for Unaccompanied Minor Service on any of our international flights. You need to purchase a standard adult fare (ID Discount Fares and Special Fares are excluded) and service charge required for each child each way. Departures from the U.S. use USD100 , departures from Canada use CAD100 and departures from Indonesia use IDR1,430,000. Departures from other countries will use USD standard price converted based on the exchange rate of the day. In addition, service charge can be paid with 10,000 miles per segment.
- If your children are traveling to or from Canada, the Philippines or Vietnam, please make note of the special requirements.
To apply, please contact Korean Air at least 24 hours prior to your child’s departure. You will need to provide appropriate identity and contact information of the parent/guardian for both departure and arrival destinations.
What to Expect During the Trip
At check-in, your children will be given an Unaccompanied Minors badge, alerting the airport staff of their special status.
From that point on, your children will be escorted through each phase of the flight by our trained and capable staff who follow set guidelines to ensure their safety and your peace of mind.
At the destination airport, a dedicated Korean Air attendant will wait with your children until the designated, previously identified adult guardian arrives.