Safety notice regarding MacBook Pro battery fire hazard
Laptop Model : A limited set of MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) ☞ Check your serial number here Open in new window
- Due to the battery overheating and posing a fire safety risk, the airport authorities of the below airports have banned carriage of MacBook Pro as carry-on and checked baggage.
- Airports : Hong Kong, Taipei, Honolulu, Ho Chi Minh, Da Nang, Hanoi, Da Lat, Nha Trang
- In accordance with the safety recommendation issued by MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport) on September 18, 2019, MacBook Pro may be carried (cannot be loaded as checked baggage) on board all Korean Air flights that depart from airports other than the airports listed above.
- MacBook Pro must remain turned off and must not be charged throughout the flight when it is carried on board.
Effective date : Immediately
* Exemptions apply for MacBook Pro laptops that have been replaced or repaired by the manufacture.