SKYPASS members can endorse awards to registered family members by redeeming their miles.
- Up to 5 family members, including the registered member of the account, may redeem awards through Family Plan.
- Authorization from the family member is required for Family Plan.
- When pooling family mileage, You can designate the amount of mileage as well as the order of family members to pool.
- When refunding bonus miles after partial use, we start with the mileage that has the longest expiration date and family mileage that has been added most recently.
- Family Plan may not be applicable to some of the award programs.
- If you authorize mileage pooling, the authorized family member will be informed of your remaining mileage and may pool you mileage at anytime without additional authorization.
- Authorization is valid until it is withdrawn, and you may authorize or withdraw mileage pooling via website at anytime.
Applicable Family Members
Family members may include the spouse, children, parents, siblings, parents-in-law, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, grandparents and grandchildren.
How to Apply or change Family Registration
- Family registration must be completed prior to endorsing award to family members or to redeeming award through Family Plan.
- You can submit the application with family proof documents via website, fax or local office.
- In the event of changes in the registered family members, please contact Korean Air to update your family registration.
How to Use Awards via Endorsement/Family Plan
Award ticket and/or upgrade award can be issued via website, service center or local offices.
When visiting a local office to apply for a bonus award, a member must submit a bonus award redemption form along with his/her picture ID.